Vertex Solar™ Pool & Spa Heating System -- Installation & User Manual
© Copyright 2021 Optex Solar Pty Ltd. All rights strictly reserved.
When choosing a location for your collector array you should consider the following in order of importance:
1. Shading - the collectors should receive no shading between the hours 10am to 4pm.
2. Wind - the collector array should be mounted in a relatively sheltered location or with appropriate wind
3. Direction - collectors should face NNW for maximum heat collection, however acceptable directions face
between NE to W only. Systems facing other directions will have significantly impaired performance.
4. Distant to pool/spa - collectors should be as close as possible to your spa (or pool), or have insulated lines.
5. Mounting elevation - flatter elevations (< 45°) collect more heat in the summer while installations closer to
vertical (> 45°) produce more heat during spring/autumn.
The figure to the left shows an example of a Child Safety
Barrier marked with a dashed line. A collector array
should not be mounted near the Child Safety Barrier -
both on the inside and outside of the Pool Area unless
proper clearances are observed. Consult your Local
Government, The Building Commission or SPASA for
details regarding pool safety barriers in your state.
Please keep up to date with regulations as they change
over time. For more information see, AUSTRALIAN
STANDARDS 1926.1 2007 AND 1926.2 2007 FOR POOL
Do not install the collectors leaning against the
outside of a Child Safety Barrier so as to create a
climbable object for children to access the pool or spa.
Collectors installed inside the pool area in front
of a boundary fence must be offset away from the
boundary fence with the proper clearance from the top
of the fence so as not to provide a foothold for a child climbing into the pool area.
Do not install the collectors too close to the inside of a Child Safety Barrier so as to provide foot or
handholds from the outside of the barrier.
For spa pools and above ground pools do not lean the collector array against the side of the spa or pool so as
to create a ramp or climbable object.
For ground mounted arrays, under no circumstances should a collector array be mounted in
anyway so as to compromise the effectiveness of a pool or spa Child Safety Barrier.